Eastin Grand Sathorn Hotel, bangkok, thailand
The annual IIC Asia meetings will be held in Bangkok on 17-19 February 2020.
Comprising both the Regional Regulators’ Forum (17 February) and the Telecommunications & Media Forum (TMF, in collaboration with ESCAP) on 18-19 February, the meetings will bring together, under the Chatham House Rule, experts from the region and beyond, from the regulatory sphere, government, industry, academia and civil society, to discuss themes of regional and global significance.
17 February: Regional Regulators’ Forum is a free event which will look at the rapid developments of the past year and the direction in which they are heading for:
- Models of collaboration and coordination to build an effective and resilient regulatory structure for the future
- Infrastructure and connectivity with a comparison of regional and international policies
- Multilateral and national strategies to drive the digital economy forward
18-19 February: Telecommunications & Media Forum is held in collaboration with the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP) and will consider the following:
- Accelerating digital transformation and driving the digital economy in the region
- Telco futures - investment, infrastructure and innovation
- Content futures - content and online video in a post-convergence world; platforms and pluralism in the global, digital environment
- National privacy agendas post GDPR - data protection regulation, objectives, effectiveness and impacts
- Artificial Intelligence and machine learning – policy & regulatory approaches to ensure that the benefits of AI are distributed across society
- Cybersecurity and the data economy in the IoT era: rules and tools of engagement
United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP) supports its members to leverage technologies including frontier technologies such as AI for pursuing sustainable development and improving the delivery of public services.
Other IIC Events
20 February: Workshop
The IIC will be holding a Workshop: Artificial Intelligence for economic growth and social good, at the Ashley Hotel Jakarta, Indonesia, on 20 February. The Workshop is free to attend but registration is mandatory.
Keeping pace with the ubiquity of Artificial Intelligence – how to ensure that the benefits of AI are distributed across society:
- National government’s AI priorities – comparative analysis
- Building broadband and cloud infrastructure
- Access to data; data protection & security - building online trust and confidence
- Models of collaboration, roadmap and next steps